Friday, February 20, 2015

A Bunch of Tatting Projects!

I have been tatting up a storm ever since I joined the Facebook group called Beginner Tatters Chat Group. I have learned a gajillion things, but the most important are:

1. Buy self- threading needles to hide the ends. No, don't think that your needles and threaders can be bent to the task. Just do it. They cost next to nothing and they work like a charm!!!

2. Two rows of a doily can be worked together with a bit of planning. Say the round you are working on is followed by a round of individual motifs. STOP the round you're working on! Work the motif round first, connecting them, then resume the round you stopped, tatting the motif round on as you go! Oh the beautiful genius of this plan. Too bad I didn't know that a round sooner!


This is Doily 1 from Jan Stawasz' book, Tatted Treasures. Only 21 more stars left to go! :/

3. There is so much I don't know, it's going to take forever to master this craft! Front-side/back-side tatting, Lark's Head Joins (and when to do them!), split chains, the list goes on and on... At least now I have resources I can turn to for my endless questions! If you're new to tatting, please consider joining Beginner Tatters Chat Group on Facebook. You won't find a more supportive group of tatters!!! Well I am sure they are supportive in forums everywhere, but I have been made to feel so welcome, I just had to give a shout out! :)


Have a wicked awesome day!
- Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment