Sunday, January 8, 2012

Catching up and starting afresh!

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet." --Shakespeare.


This is the first of many new pieces I have been working on recently. You might recognize this little 4x4 from one of my recent streams. If you haven't been by my streams, I would like to personally invite you to check out my mixed media arting adventure, live on Monday evenings, 5:00 pm Mountain time! (give or take a half hour.) Here is the link to my channel: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jo946 Feel free to login (you must register first) and chat!
"Brilliance," a 6x6, is one of my absolute favorites. This piece was done with acrylic, music, dictionary text, a white paint pen, and red/sparkly embossing powders. VERY sweet, and simple brilliance. I love the transparency of the flower and the texture of the embossing powder!
At the beginning of December, my husband and I had the opportunity to visit New Orleans, LA, for the American Society for Health-Systems Pharmacists midyear clinical meeting. It was a fabulous time, full of great food, awesome music, and tons of fleur de lis! I was inspired to do some art integrating my impressions of the city and this lovely, warm and vibrant canvas was the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment